a dillydallyknitter: Fortunately/Unfortunately X Two

Monday, March 17, 2008

Fortunately/Unfortunately X Two

One:
Fortunately, I finished my Magic Shawl last night
Unfortunately, it was too late to block it.
Fortunately, it was Sunday so I could block it first thing in the morning
Unfortunately, (cue Psycho shower music) I discovered dropped and unraveling stitches.
Fortunately, there were only a few at the end of the shawl
Unfortunately, I had to wait for the shawl to dry to attempt repair
Fortunately, I was was able to unravel back and get the shawl back on the needles.
Unfortunately, Mika jumped on my lap and I dropped a stitch and had to rip back again
Fortunately, I was finally able to finish and it's blocking again
Unfortunately, it's blocking on my bed so I can't sleep on it tonight
Fortunately, I have a spare bedroom so I can sleep in there.

Two:
Fortunately, I finished my Rosie G Capitan cap on Saturday night
Unfortunately, I didn't have two buttons for the trim
Fortunately, it was Sunday so I had time to go to the store
Unfortunately, I forgot to buy the Quilt pins in addition to my buttons to block my shawl
Fortunately, I found a box of them when I got home and really searched
Unfortunately, I'm not happy with how I knit the brim on the hat
Fortunately, I don't need it until the Seasocks Cruise
Unfortunately, I need to rip the brim back and try to re-do.
Fortunately, I'll have a super cute hat when I'm finally done!

So what does this have to do with the photograph of cows above? Nothing, but there's a lot of green grass so it'll have to do for St. Patrick's Day. (If you drink a lot of Guiness and stare at the photo for a long time you can see those cows dance an Irish jig)

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

One big ugh!

Hopefully St.Patty's day will bring the luck of the Irish to you!! It'll be a better day! Can't wait to see the Capitan!

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Virtuous said...

You are so creative gurl!! LOL ;op

Luv'd your post!

And I forgot it was St. Patty's day!! :o)

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Actually those cows are making me crave California cheese... MMMMMM!

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Discoknits said...

Serenity now!

Happy St Pats to you :-)

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Marisol said...

Fortunately you have a great sense of humor! You have proven to take things in stride and look for that silver lining:)

Can't wait to see your Capitan hat and the shawl... Did you use Malabrigo for the hat? I've been meaning to make another in Mariposa:)

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger sgeddes said...

Happy St. Pat's! I'm going home after work to test that dancing cow thing!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger weezalana said...

And if you stare at it long enough, you can also tell that that cow in front is staring at you.

"He's looking at me Ray..."

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe...just glad things are working out, can't wait to see both! Cruise is happening soon huh! :)

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm so happy both paragraphs ended in a fortunately... even though you're sleeping in a spare bedroom due to shawl encroachment.

 
At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The green is indeed nice. ;)

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Fortunately, you have that knack of always looking on the bright side of life ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home